TNS Vol.2 (CIAP 2022), 02 February 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
In this paper, the stress and deformation of a manipulator structure are analyzed, and the structural optimization design is carried out. The initial configuration is a cantilever beam structure with rectangular section, which is fixed at one end and bears a load of 1 ton at the other end. After stress and deformation analysis with ABAQUS software and SolidWorks software, three optimizations were carried out. Geometric configuration optimization, topology optimization and material optimization. After optimization, the overall quality of the structure is reduced by 80%, and there is no great loss of strength and safety.
manipulator structure, structural optimization, deformation analysis, stress analysis
1. Wang D, Zhang W, Jiang J. Combined shape and sizing optimization in truss design. Chinese Journal of Applied Mechanics. 2002, 19(3): 72-76
2. Liu K, Yao W, Mu X. Effect of strain softening on delamination tip-field in composite laminate. Chinese Journal of Computational Mechanics. 2006, 23(3): 344-347
3. Ye Y. Summary of research on optimization design method of truss structure. Engineering Science. 2014, 14: 204-204
4. Zhao L, Guo P, Sun H, et al. Development actuality and prospect on research of structural topology optimization. Journal of Liaoning Institute of Technology. 2004, 24(1): 46-49
5. Vachal P, Jacobsen EN. Structure-based analysis and optimization of a highly enantioselective catalyst for the strecker reaction. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2002, 124(34): 10012-10014
6. Reich C, Gibbon P, Uschmann II, et al. Yield optimization and time structure of femtosecond laser plasma kalpha sources. Physical Review Letters, 2000, 84(21): 4846
7. Kajiwara K, et al. Approach for simultaneous optimization of a structure and control system. AIAA Journal, 1994
8. Kottcke M, Heinz K. A new approach to automated structure optimization in LEED intensity analysis. Surface Science, 1997, 376(1-3):352-366
9. Huber T, Torda AE, Gunsteren WV. Structure optimization combining soft-core interaction functions, the diffusion equation method, and molecular dynamics. Journal of Physical Chemistry A, 1997, 101(33): 5926-5930
10. Andreani R, JM Martínez, L Martínez, et al. Continuous optimization methods for structure alignments. Mathematical Programming, 2008, 112(1): 93-124
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Authors who publish this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See Open Access Instruction).