TNS Vol.2 (CIAP 2022), 02 February 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
In this paper, we describe a content-based movie recommendation system and provide an overview of the movie recommendation systems in today's market. Our findings show 1): Summary-Based and Feature-Based movie recommendation systems will provide different recommendation results. 2) Combined recommendation system’s result is consistent with the Summary-Based recommendation system but different from the Feature-Based recommendation system. Based on our recommendation system, we also made some innovations and fusion and conducted several control tests to improve the quality of our recommendations.
1. Jena, A. (2022, March 17). Role of a movie recommender system in the streaming industry. Muvi One. Retrieved July 8, 2022, from https://www.muvi.com/blogs/movie-recommender-system.html
2. Sharma, L., & Gera, A. (n.d.). A Survey of Recommendation System: Research Challenges. Redirecting. Retrieved July 8, 2022, from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cusersusernamedocumentsfile-folder-name/3c43589c-b582-433b-99ea-cfe3e1b2a270
3. Ahmed, M. (n.d.). Movie recommendation system using clustering and Pattern Recognition Network. IEEE Xplore. Retrieved July 8, 2022, from https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8301695/
4. Uluyagmur, M. (n.d.). Content-based movie recommendation using different feature sets. Retrieved July 8, 2022, from http://www.iaeng.org/publication/WCECS2012/WCECS2012_pp517-521.pdf
5. Lops, P., Jannach, D., Musto, C., Bogers, T., & Koolen, M. (2019, March 7). Trends in content-based recommendation - user modeling and user-adapted interaction. SpringerLink. Retrieved July 8, 2022, from https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11257-019-09231-w
6. Singh, R. H. (n.d.). Movie recommendation system using cosine similarity and KNN. Retrieved July 8, 2022, from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/344627182_Movie_Recommendation_System_using_Cosine_Similarity_and_KNN
7. Tewari, A. S., Singh, J. P., & Barman, A. G. (2018, June 8). Generating top-N items recommendation set using collaborative, content based filtering and rating variance. Procedia Computer Science. Retrieved July 1, 2022, from https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877050918308718
8. Wu, C.-S. M. (n.d.). Movie recommendation system using collaborative filtering. IEEE Xplore. Retrieved July 8, 2022, from https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/8663822
9. Keshava, M. C., Srinivasulu, S., Reddy, P. N., & Naik, B. D. (2020). Machine learning model for movie recommendation system. International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), 9(04).
10. Uddin, M. N. (n.d.). Enhanced content-based filtering using diverse collaborative prediction for movie recommendation. IEEE Xplore. Retrieved July 8, 2022, from https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5175981
11. Afoudi, Y., Lazaar, M., & Achhab, M. A. (2021, July 24). Hybrid recommendation system combined content-based filtering and collaborative prediction using Artificial Neural Network. Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory. Retrieved July 1, 2022, from https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1569190X21000836
12. Mubarak, S. (2021, August 18). Netflix dataset latest 2021. Kaggle. Retrieved July 8, 2022, from https://www.kaggle.com/datasets/syedmubarak/netflix-dataset-latest-202
13. Heidenreich, H. (2018, August 16). Introduction to word embeddings. Medium. Retrieved July 8, 2022, from https://towardsdatascience.com/introduction-to-word-embeddings-4cf857b12edc
14. Saket, S. (2020, January 12). Count vectorizers vs TFIDF vectorizers: Natural language processing. Medium. Retrieved July 8, 2022, from https://medium.com/artificial-coder/count-vectorizers-vs-tfidf-vectorizers-natural-language-processing-b5371f51a40c
15. Ahmed, I. (2020, May 16). Getting started with a movie recommendation system. Kaggle. Retrieved July 8, 2022, from https://www.kaggle.com/code/ibtesama/getting-started-with-a-movie-recommendation-system
16. Han, J., & Pei, J. (n.d.). Cosine similarity. Cosine Similarity - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics. Retrieved July 8, 2022, from https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/computer-science/cosine-similarity
17. Dangeti, P. (n.d.). Statistics for Machine Learning. O'Reilly Online Learning. Retrieved July 8, 2022, from https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/statistics-for-machine/9781788295758/eb9cd609-e44a-40a2-9c3a-f16fc4f5289a.xhtml
18. Singh, Ramni & Maurya, Sargam & Tripathi, Tanisha & Narula, Tushar & Srivastav, Gaurav. (2020). Movie Recommendation System using Cosine Similarity and KNN. International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology. 9. 2249-8958. 10.35940/ijeat.E9666.069520.
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Authors who publish this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See Open Access Instruction).